Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gwyneth+Conscious Uncoupling+Healthy Side Dish!

I have always had a little crush on Gwyneth Paltrow.  First came Shakespeare in Love, then she married Coldplay front man Chris Martin (!), and then I became a bit obsessed with her healthy lifestyle and her fabulous blog GOOP.  So imagine my surprise when I got my usual GOOP email on Tuesday, and I couldn't open it.....it said the server had crashed.  What?  I continued on making my other daily internet stops and I read that Gwyneth and Chris are "Consciously Uncoupling".......say what?? I guess announcing that news on your website would make it crash when you are Gwyneth Paltrow. 

Conscious Uncoupling......that's a new one......apparently they released the news while in the Caribbean......vacationing...... as a family. 
Huh......
So that must be what "consciously uncoupling" looks like. 
Ok then.  :)

So anyway.......in lieu of the news of their "uncoupling",  I thought it was the perfect time to share my absolute favorite recipe from her It's All Good cookbook.  :)


Roasted Cauliflower + Chickpeas with Mustard+Parsley

Ingredients
14oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained and dried with a kitchen towel
1 head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon seeded mustard
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar-all I had on hand)
freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley (I didn't have this so I didn't add)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the rack in the middle.  Toss the Chickpeas and Cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a big pinch of salt. Roast veggies for about 45 minutes stirring around occasionally until veggies are a golden/dark brown and cauliflower is soft. 

While veggies are roasting mix together the mustards, vinegar and 1/4 cup of olive oil with another big pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. While the veggies are still warm toss them with the mustard dressing and parsley. 
You can serve warm or at room temperature. 



This is seriously delicious, and even the husband loved it. 
If you are looking for a healthy side dish I absolutely recommend this. So yummy!

xo,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment