After a whirlwind weekend flying to Nashville and back to LA in under 36 hours, the last thing I wanted to do last night was cook dinner. But we're trying to cook more and eat out less (and after a weekend away, home cooked food sounds so much better than another restaurant meal, right?), so I chose this quick and easy pasta recipe.
Orchiette Pasta with Prosciutto and Bread Crumbs
Orchiette pasta - or similar shell pasta
2/3 cup bread crumbs (either flavored or not)
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 package of prosciutto, chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
hand full of torn basil
salt and pepper to taste
Add on: Grilled Chicken breast
1. Cook pasta according to box directions.
2. In a skillet, heat the oil slowly. Add bread crumbs and stir often - too high of heat will cause them to burn.
3. If you're not using flavored bread crumbs, add a little salt and pepper to taste.
4. Turn heat off after about 3 minutes. Add the chopped prosciutto, Parmesan, and cooked pasta.
5. Sprinkle chopped basil on top and serve.
I also grilled up some chicken breast to pair the pasta with. A few sliced of toasted french bread and a fresh green salad - and dinner was ready in under 30 minutes!
And what made the night even better? A new episode of Homeland - get on the bandwagon. It's so good!