Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bringin' the Fall Back


I can remember when I moved from Los Angeles to Nashville 6 years ago I was completely enamored with Fall again.  You really do forget how refreshing it is to walk out your front door into the crisp, cool air.  How vibrant and inspiring the colors of the changing trees can be.  How curling up on the sofa in front of a fire sipping apple cider is simply good for the soul.  Now that I moved back to LA,  I realize I have to fully embrace what Fall is here - it's my favorite season!  Why not make a list of all the "fall" activities I'd like to accomplish before Thanksgiving you ask? Don't mind if I do!

1.)  Visit the pumpkin patch on the corner.

2.)  Watch a scary movie and carve said pumpkins with friends :>)

3.)  Create a new apple cider cocktail.

4.)  Come up with a creative Halloween Costume.

5.)  Discover some delicious new soups to make this throughout the fall and winter.

6.) Start a gratitude journal.

7.) Take knitting class with a dear friend.

8.)  Design the Thanksgiving decor concept for my family's table (even though I won't be there this year - e design anyone?).

9.) Bake pumpkin seeds!

10.) Make a pumpkin pie from scratch - I'm talking from an actual pumpkin people :>)

xo,
Kate

1 comment:

  1. A gratitude journal is a great idea. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd enter my jewelry giveaway from my Fash collection and check out my latest style column for Lauren Conrad's site. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete