Monday, October 29, 2012

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Bake

This weekend I was sitting at home looking through my Mangia board on Pinterest and I realized something very important.  I have over 400 recipes pinned to my food board, and I have probably only made about 10 of them.  I decided I need to recommit to cooking new and fun recipes.  Especially on the weekends when I have a little more time to enjoy cooking. I made this bacon, egg cheese and croissant bake Sunday morning and it was a hit. 

You could do a zillion different variations of this meal, and it would be fun and easy for a brunch or bridal shower. 

Ingredients
one can of crescent rolls ( I used reduced fat)
6 eggs scrambled
5-6 slices of cooked bacon-I cook my bacon in the oven on a foil lined cookie sheet. Less mess!
1 cup of cheese ( I used a mexican blend because that's what I had on hand) 
Green jalapeno tabasco sauce-or whatever your favorite is

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange crescent roll pieces on a cookie sheet in a star shape.  Place the points of the crescent roll facing out and the long flat end in the middle.  Place cooked bacon slices in the middle of the "star" then sprinkle on about 1/3 of the cheese. Add the scrambled eggs next and then generously add hot sauce.  How much or how little is completely up to you.  Add remaining cheese.  
Take the points of the crescent rolls and fold them up to the center.  Once you have folded all points up and over, make sure to press down on the center to keep them all together. 
Bake for about 18 mins or until golden brown. 


I will say that next time I will definitely strive to have a "prettier" presentation.  However this was delicious, and husband approved.  Happy Monday!

xo, 
Kara


No comments:

Post a Comment