Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Oversize Blueberry Muffins (with Crumble Topping)



I haven't had too many cravings while I've been pregnant.  Mostly I've noticed that things I normally love to eat I just cannot even stand to think about now.  However last week I saw a commercial on TV that featured giant, steaming blueberry muffins coming out of the oven.  I could not stop thinking about them!  Luckily I had all the ingredients in my kitchen to whip up a batch of delicious homemade muffins right then and there.  We always keep frozen blueberries in the freezer to use for smoothies...fate? I think so :)

Homemade Blueberry Muffins 
(with Crumble Topping)
Makes 12 oversize muffins

Muffins:
3 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tsps baking powder
2/3 cups vegetable oil
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
2 cups frozen (or fresh) Blueberries

Crumble Topping:
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, cubed
3 tsp ground cinnamon

1.) Grease regular muffin tin with Pam.  Even if you use cupcake liners, 
be sure to grease the top of the pan as these muffins 
really "pop-over". Heat oven to 400 degrees.

2.) Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.  
In a separate mixing cup, mix together vegetable oil, eggs, and milk.  
Pour liquid mixture into dry mix and gently combine. 
Fold in blueberries until just mixed through.

3.) Pour batter into muffin cups - all the way to the top!

4.) Combine all Crumble topping ingredients (sugar, flour, 
butter, cinnamon) with a fork.  Sprinkle over top of muffins.  
Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.

These are SO easy to make! And leaps and bounds tastier than muffin-in-a-box mix.  Next time the craving hits, I will be whipping these babies up....hmmm.  Looks like I'm headed into the kitchen to make them now!







2 comments:

  1. Good morning. My young daughters and I are whipping these up for breakfast this morning. May I ask where you got your tea kettle? Thanks! Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness look how long ago this question was! So sorry! My tea kettle is from Bed Bath and Beyond and it was from Paula Deens line!

      Delete