Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sausage and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers!

It's a NEW YEAR!!

Which means I make all sorts of resolutions, set intentions, dream bunches of new dreams...

One was to branch out and try new recipes of course!  I've decided to try and have a kitchen well stocked enough that I can spontaneously come up with some dinner ideas simply from what I have.  My trick is to see what ingredients are in the fridge, get inspired, and come up with my own recipe that night!  It's fun, it's challenging, and I love it!

This week's recipe was stuffed bell peppers.  I had 3 gorgeous peppers that needed to be eaten...so this is what I came up with:

2 cups cooked Quinoa
3 bell peppers
1/2-1 lb of spicy italian sausage
1/2 red onion
3 TBS cilantro
2 cups Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
Tony Chacharie, garlic salt, pepper to taste


STEP ONE:
Find cute hubby to cook up the Italian sausage:) Add in onion and saute with sausage until cooked through.



STEP TWO:
In a mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cooked sausage and onion, cheese, tomato sauce, cilantro (and you could add some sweet corn, black beans, what ever you have in your pantry!)

Add in spices until desired taste

STEP THREE:
Cut off top of pepper, clean out inside, and stuff with the quinoa mixture!  Top with a little extra tomato sauce and sprinkle some cheese.





STEP FOUR:

Cook for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees until warmed all the way through. 

And....VOILA!!


Pure, healthy, TASTY Yumminess!!!


Enjoy friends!!

Love and laughter,
Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment